Classical Blues Jazz and Rock Music – Well Known Pianists
Brief biographical sketches of famous classical pianists. (XIX Century)
- Domenico Scarlatti and Johann Sebastian Bach
- Mozart, Bach and Muzio Clementi
- Beethoven, Franz Schubert, Liszt and Sigismund Thalberg
- Chopin, Clara Schumann and Felix Mendelssohn
- Franz Liszt : king among pianists
- Johannes Brahms and famous pianists such as Maria Von Bulow and George Henschel
- Anton Rubinstein and Giovanni Sgambati
- Great classical piano players (1850-1900)
The following sketch is designed simply to give the student an outline of the history of piano-playing. While the piano-technique, the art of piano making, and the art of musical composition developed separately, they also affect each other in their onward course. The man in the photo is Frederic Chopin.
In this other section, instead, I am publishing articles and resources about the most well known jazz, rock, blues and classical pianists of ever.
Famous classical pianists
Here is a list of famous classical pianists. Let me know who is your favorite pianist!
- Glenn Gould
- Vladimir Horowitz
- Vladimir Ashkenazy
- Ivo Pogorelich
- Sviatoslav Richter
- Arthur Rubinstein
- Alfred Cortot
- Maurizio Pollini
- Gregory Sokolov
Well known Jazz pianists
The greatest jazz pianists from Bill Evans to Brad Meldhau and Keith Jarrett.
- Art Tatum
- Bill Evans
- Keith Jarrett
- Chick Corea
- Herbie Hancock
- Oscar Peterson
- Ahmad Jamal
- Brad Meldhau
- Thelonious Monk
Rock Blues and Pop well known pianists
Here are the best blues, pop and rock well known pianists of ever. Let me know if I have to add other pianists and why. Thank You.
- Ray Charles
- Jerry Lee Lewis
- Elton John
- Billy Joel